Defender of the Fatherland Day in Ryazan: how to spend the holidays in the capital of airborne troops?
February 23, 2018
The Defender of the Fatherland Day is approaching. This holiday is peculiar for Ryazan as the town is famous for its military traditions and bears the proud title of the capital of airborne troops. We are offering you several ideas for spending the holidays in an interesting way:
1. — Take a tour around the Museum of Airborne Troopsand learn everything about airborne troops and Uncle Vasya's army.
2. — Approach the history of the Russian armed forces in the Ryazan Kremlin.
3. — Get acquainted with the Ryazan rifleman Stepan Molodtzov and learn how he defended his motherland. The interactive program takes place on February 25 in the Gingerbread Gallery. During the weekend you can also bake festive gingerbread and watch military movies in the Gallery.
4. — Go on thematic excursions to the Fine Arts Museum: February 23, 2 p.m. — «To the Glory of the Russian Motherland» in the Fine Arts Museum; February 24, 2 p.m. — «They Glorified the Ryazan Land». February 23 is the day of free excursions in the Art Gallery «Viktor Ivanov and the Ryazan Land». Excursions start at 11.30 a.m., 1.00 p.m. and 3 p.m.
5. — Meet the special things prepared by the Museum of the History of the Ryazan Lollilop. On February 23 excursions go every hour from 11.00 a.m. till 3.00 p.m.
6. — Test your force and agility in the trade and entertainment complex «Okskaya Zhemchuzhina». On February 23 from 3.30 p.m. the territory of the complex will host interactive programs for children and a show (performances of the theater of dance, songs) from 9.00 p.m. till 11.00 p.m.
7. — Visit the Museum of the History of the Youth Movement where unique materials about the heroic deeds of Ryazaners during the Great Patriotic War and the Afghan War are kept.
8. — Spend your free time in an active way in the sports and entertainment complex «Semyono-Oleninsky» or in the recreation camp «Oka».
Tourists who prefer organized leisure may join collective tours. The booking system can be found on the main page of the website.