Tourism Cluster «Ryazansky»
In 2011 an investment project aimed for building tourism and recreation cluster “Ryazansky” was launched in Ryazan region. It is a part of the federal program «Tourism in the Russian Federation for the period of 2011-2018».
Construction of modern infrastructure is carried out on the territory of three municipalities.
I. Ryazan region:
1) Construction of the «Okskaya Pearl" complex includes: 2-level perennial water park (adults and children's slides, attractions, cafes, a wave pool, solarium);
Park Hotel (100 rooms of standard class, luxury suites, restaurant, lobby bar, children's playroom, equipped with its own beach);
Entertainment center (zone for recreation and entertainment — bowling, billiards, restaurant, club, gym, spa, children's play area), guesthouses.
2) Construction of the «Fishing village» tourist complex includes: restaurant, cafe, sauna complex, hotel (30 spots), fishing huts (10 units) and bungalows (150 spots), an artificial fishing pond, fowl, eco-farm, a mini-park and an arboretum, playgrounds.
The appearance of such objects will increase the tourist flow and provide them with new high-quality recreational products focused on a family vacation.
II. Rybnovsky district:
- developing plan for the entry zone of the S.A. Esenin museum includes:
Park — hotel with 48 rooms (3 star);
Sanitary service point;
Tourist Information Center;
Implementation of the project will help centralizing the client thread and diversify the service.
III. Ryazan city:
Construction of the hotel infrastructure in Ryazan — boutique hotel «Esenin» and the hotel complex «Old Town».
1) Boutique Hotel «Esenin»:
Hotel (96 spots);
Conference area (300 spots);
2) The hotel complex «Old Town»:
Hotel (450 seats);
playground with attractions.
The main objective of the project is a conceptual transformation of the historic part of Ryazan.
Implementation of the projects is conducted through the mechanism of public-private partnership, which is an important tool to attract the necessary resources from both the budgets of different levels and private investors.
Recent achievements (2011-2013):
- The water park «Slides» was commissioned in 2012 (as of December 1, 2013 the number of visitors exceeded 80,000 people);
- A 230 seat park hotel “The Beach” was commissioned in December 2013;
- The first road complex was built and commissioned;
- The building third road complex has been completed;
- An active reconstruction of Polyansky treatment facilities is in progress (80 % completed).
Private investment exceed 800 million rubles.
An equally important result is the fact that active construction of engineering and transport infrastructure has made this area attractive to new investors.
In the period from 2013 to 2016, along with the «Okskay Pearl», new fishing villages, eco-farms and equestrian center appeared in Ryazan region. Additional inflow of investment of more than 500 million rubles is expected.
Furthermore, a new project aimed for creating an entry zone for the Museum of S.A. Esenin is going to be launched in Rybnovsky District, financed by a local investor.