Lunino village is a geographical center of the Ryazan region. There is a manor complex of XVIII-early XIX centuries in the village, which was belonged to Luniny family, and a stone church of the Divine Mother, built in 1769 in Russian baroque traditions for General M.K.Lunin money. The two-storeyed manor was built in the middle of XVIII century. The six column portico was attached to it later and gave a look, survived to that day. Now there is a school in this building.
Since the second half of the XIX century, the manor belonged to a count Grabbe. He was 1812 war hero.
There’s an ancient settlement not far from Lunino. This comparatively small archaeological monument is kremlin of an old Russian town Voin, mentioned in chronicle of XII century.