Geographical locationChuchkovo district is situated in the eastern area of the Ryazan region, 145 km from the regional center. The district borders on Sasovo, Shatsk, Putyatino, Shilovo and Pitelino districts.
Water sources are formed by the following rivers: the Aleshnya, Pyot, Serednik, Tyrnitsa.
Forests occupy 23,5% of the district territory.
Brief historyOne can find the first records concerning Chuchkovo as a village in the Okladniye books (accountant cadastral books) dated back to 1676.
The foundation of Chuchkovo village, the district was later named after, was, like foundation of many other settlements of that area, caused by the creating of the Great Abatis Border in the XVII century, which protected Russia from Crimean Tatars raids.
Before the Great October Socialist Revolution and in the first years of Soviet government the settlements of the present Chuchkovo district belonged not only to the different districts, but also to the different provinces. Thus, Chuchkovo village belonged to the Sapozhok district, Melekhovo village — to the Kasimov district, Pertovo and Tserlevo villages — to the Tambov province. From 1925 many settlements were a part of the recently established district of Ryazan region — the Sasovo district.
In 1929 the Chuchkovo district became an independent political unit as a part of the Ryazan area of the Moscow region. After establishing the Ryazan region in 1937 it became its part.
Cultural and educational tourismSpasskaya Church (Protasyev-Ugol village)
The church was built in the late XVIII century upon the project of the eminent architect M.F. Kazakov.
Spasskaya Ñhurch is an almost exact copy of Ñhurch of Saint Unmercenaries Cosmas and Damian on Maroseyka street in Moscow. That gives rise to supposition that both churches were built according to the same project and at the same time.
The church is a fine composition of 4 rotundas of different size — the cathedral, two chapels and the altar — with a right-angled western part and a bell tower.