Geographical locationYermish district is situated in the north-eastern area of the Ryazan region, 250 km from the regional center.
Water sources are formed by the following rivers: the Oka, Merdush, Moksha. There are several lakes, the largest among which are Staritsa, Shiverki, Luka, Shoksha and Yermishinskiy artificial lake. Forests occupy 54% of the district’s territory and are concentrated in its northern part.
Brief historyThe first Slavonic settlements appeared in the area in the XII-XIII centuries. After Kasimov princedom formation in the second half of the XV century Tatar settlements began to appear in the nearby area.
The base for the modern Yermish was Anosovo village, founded in XVI and named after its founder. In 1775, near the Yeremsha river (presently Yermish) the Yermish iron foundry was built. Since that time the village had beed called Arkhangel’skoye. The actual district administrative center — Yermish — took its name in the XX century.
Cultural and educational tourismFon Mekka Mansion (Yermish village)
Fon Mekka mansion is a sample of wooden manor architecture of the middle XIX century with an enfilade-corridor system of dwelling rooms connection and a large open entry stoop, made in a form of a porch consisted of 6 circular columns with stylized capitals and a massive attic with a plain wooden eaves.
Nikolskaya Church (Nekrasovka village)
The church was built in 1912 without a singe nail. It is a five-domed cathedral with a refectory and a three-storied bell-tower. The church is a monument of wooden architecture of the XX century.
Nativity Church (Savvat’ma village)
The stone church was built in the late XIX century with the help of «tshchaniye prokhozhan» (congregation care).
It is the monument of the Russian retrospectivism, widespread in the late XIX century architecture. The church is situated on large pond bank, opposite Savvat’ma. The detachment from the world makes the church look transcendent.
The history of the park foundation throws back to the XVII century, when the Yermish iron works was under mining industrialists the Batashevs family management. The park remarkable for its 574 old lines, which average trunk circuit is 1,7 m, and the thickest is 2.5 m. The park environment is ideal for birds: there are orioles, finches, robins, starlings etc.
Pilgrim tourismTokmakovo Spring (Tokmakovo village)
The water from that spring does not change its composition, color, taste and smell even on long storage. The saint healing spring and the bathhouse are consecrated in 1996 by churchmen of three different districts of the Ryazan region.
Event tourismAzeyevo Sabantuy
The traditional Tatar festival Sabantuy — the holiday of plough — is held in the old Azeyevo village in the end of July after the completion of spring-summer fieldwork. Azeyevo is an old village, where the Tatars, Russian and the Mordovians live together.
The festival action takes place on a large field, where from the early morning plays the Azeyevo Tatar folk ensemble «Sabantuy», are held traditional allcomers, sport games and frolic amusements: Tatar national wrestling, horserace, tug-of-war, sack-race, bum fight.
The festival high point is the selection of the Great Batyr — the most strong, bravó and dexterous one. The award for him is a lamb. The festival also doesn’t go without national Tatar food: odorant pilaf, shashlyk and sweets.