Geographical locationKorablino district is located in the south-eastern zone of the Ryazan region, 85 km from the regional center.
The district borders the Starozhilovo, Ryazhsk, Skopin, Pronsk, Sapozhok, Ucholovo districts.
The main water sources are the Pronya and Ranova rivers.
Forests occupy 11% of the area.
Brief historyThe first Slavic settlements appeared there in XI-XIII centuries.
The most ancient are Bykovo, Semion, Neznanovo villages.
Korablino village exsisted in XVI century and belonged to a Tatar noble’s descendant Korab, who served Ivan the terrible. He became the father of Korab’iny family. Later in scribe books, the patrimony was called and written after its owner’s surname “Korab’ino”. Some time later, this name was Korablino. In Okladnaya book this village was mentioned in 1676.
Lands of the present Korablino district were a part of the Ryazhsk district and partially of the Pronsk and Skopin districts. The independent Korablino district was made in 1929.
Cultural and educational tourismKorablino museum of local lore
The museum was opened in 1981. There are two rooms with permanent expositions: paleontology, archaeology and peasants’ everyday life of XIX-XX centuries. The important exhibits of the expositions are applied arts items, which are presented by masters’ wooden handicrafts, district traditional embroidery, lace.
The most interesting is the collection of carved toys.
Addresse: Ryazan region, Korablino, Sadovaya Street, 12
Tel.: (49143) 5-09-68
Tolpinskoe ancient settlement of XI-XIII centuries (Neznanovo)
The Korablino land is full of archaeological monuments. These are the iron age settlements, Slavic and primitive men settlements. Archaeologists found more than 10 settlements of the bronze age near to Amanovo, Grigor’evskoe, Pechlets, Semion, Yourakovo, Krasnaya gorka, Uchor’ villages.
During ploughing up lands near Tolpinskoe ancient settlement, located on the high riversides of the Ranova, numerous items of weapon and banks were found. Archaeological research approves, that in XII-at the beginning of XIII centuries, Tolpino was a reinforced town.
Ecological tourismMuseum of history, culture and nature «Chudekov’s manor»
«Chudekov’s manor» is one of the not numerous manor parks, survived to that day on the territory of the Ryazan region. Park ensemble in Erlino village belonged to a famous journalist, dramatist, editor-publisher of «Petersburg newspaper» S.N.Chudekov. He was decorated with Paris World exhibition Golden medal for creating this original manor complex with ponds and arboretum. There are 88 species of trees and bushes, appurtenant to 17 families, 42 genus. The oldest tree in the arboretum is over 150 years old.
S.N.Chodekov museum opened in wing building, built in 1777, n the territory of the arboretum on 11th of October in 2006. The exposition of the museum consists of 7 rooms and shows the history of Erlino since 1653 till 1917, journalistic, publishing, creative Chudekov’s activity. Special attentions pays to his Erlino life period.
The museum has developed receiving programs, including museum visiting, acquaintance with unique biological structure of the green plantations of the park, horse riding. In August-October period collecting of herbarium is organized.
Address: Ryazan region, Korablino district, Erlino
Tel.: (4912) 99-11-48, (49143) 9-32-10
Pilgrim tourismAleksandro-Nevsky Sofronievsky friary (Iberdsky)
The temple was laid out by monastic elder Sofroniy in the beginning of 1892 and was consecrated in honor to St. Alexander Nevskiy, St. Nikolay and the icon of Divine Mother «Znamenie». At the same time there started building and an almshouse was established. In 1907 the almshouse became a nunnery and nun Angelina became Mother of superior.
Sofroniy dug a well near the nunnery and blessed all people to bath in it and drink water to recover from all diseases.
Sofroniy died in January in 1914. Even being alive, he told about total destruction of the nunnery. His words came true. In 1937 the nunnery was closed, one year later nun Angelina died and was buried close to Sofroniy.
After Great Patriotic war the temple was destroyed. Cemetery where Sofroniy was buried preserved. The revival of the nunnery began in 1996. Nowadays it is completely revived. Monastic elder Sofroniy’s relics reposes in the nunnery.
Hunting and fishingFishing camp «Knyazhoe»
There are summerhouses, barbeques, slopes to the water, bridges and fishing islands on the territory of the camp.
Services: fishing (carp, silver carp, European carp, trout), boat and fishing tackles hire. Catering is available.
Accomodation: equipped cottages
Address: Ryazan region, Korablino, Knyazhnoe village
Tel.: (49143) 9-52-21, 8-910-642-63-26