Geographical locationPutyationo district is situated in the central natural-economic area of Ryazan region, 120 km from the regional center. The district borders on Shatsk, Shilovo, Sapozhok and Chuchkovo districts of Ryazan region.
Water sources are formed by the following rivers: the Para, Tyrnitsa, Inkash etc. Forests occupy up to 30% of the districts territory.
Brief historyThe first Slavonic settlements appeared in the area in the XII-XIII centuries. In his book «Russia» P.P. Semyonov-Tien-Shanskiy indicated, that within 3 verst east of Putyationo there was The Shisha river. Probably, there was also the very Shishov forest, where Russian princes Oleg Ryazanskiy, Vladimir Pronskiy and Tit Kozel’skiy defeated Mongol-Tatar khan Togay in 1365 during a fierce battle. It was the first Russian victory over Mongol-Tatars, the second one was in 1378 on the Vozha river, the third — the famous Kulilovskaya battle — in 1380.
One can find the first records concerning Putyationo village in Ryazan Platyozhnaya knigas (payment books) of 1628-1629. The village was named after prince Putyatin, lived there and protected Ryazan from the Crimean khan raids. In the late XVI century Putyatino village owners were boyars Stepan Vasil’yevich Godunov and Ivan Vasil’yevich Godunov. After them the village belonged to a son of a famous prince Dmitriy Mikhaylovich Pozharskiy.
Cultural and educational tourismMerchant Koshelev Manor (Pesochnya village)
A.I. Koshelev, merchant, public figure, liberal, reformer, facilitator of cultural and business activities and development of the Sapozhok uyezd (district), lived and worked in Pesochnya village from 1835 to 1883. In the middle XIX century he constructed 3000 square meters of stone buildings. His house, called by peasants a palace, belongs to the early classicism, distinctive for the Russia of the beginning of the XIX century and looks like a well-known Pashkov residence in Moscow.
The Ethnographical Museum
The Ethnographical museum occupies in a Folk Arts Center building. Its collection contains a plenty of information about the area history, traditions, ceremonies and customs.
Pokrovskaya Church (Putyationo village)
The church is a transcendent old landmark. It is five-domed, has small windows and low arches inside. They say, the church was built by prince Dmitriy Mikhaylovich Pozharskiy (in the XVII Putytino was his patrimony). The church is stony and can be literally considered to be a masterpiece of the Russian medieval architecture.
Pilgrim tourismNikolo-Uspenskaya Church (Karabukhino village)
Under Ivan the Terrible rule Karabukhino village was found and a small wooden chapel was built there. According to archives documents, in 1759 at this very place a stone church was erected. There is also indicated, that Selvestr Danilov was the architect. In 1798 a wooden carved icon screen was constructed, in 1819 it was gilded. In 2004 in Karabukhino a spring was consecrated and a chapel in honour of Saint Nicholas was built.
Event tourismSemik and Troitsa «Vokrug tebya beryozon’ka» (Otrada village, June)
A great feast opens a complicated complex of spring farewell and summer greeting rites. The ceremonial festival is held outside the village, near the woods. The high-point is a ternary rite «Kumleniye» (the participants make friendship agreements for a year or ad vitam).
Ivan the Herbalist (Yekaterinovka village, June)
None of the grandeval feasts combined such a vast range of national traditions and rites, superstitions and customs, games and amusements, as Ivan the Herbalist does. The herborization plays a key role. The main rites of the feast are girls lecanomancy with chaplets, sun farewell ceremony — «fire wheel», mutual congratulation with giving flowers and chaplets.
HotelsROZA Hotel Complex
Address: Ryazan Region, Putyatino, Lenina St., 66